7 Tips to Achieve a Positive Mindset During This Crisis.
There are two types of people during this crisis if you look at newspapers, and social media like linkedIn for instance: there are people that keep on complaining about ‘the Government’, about ‘the media’ and actually about everything! And there are many people online & offline including many of my customers that have a positive mindset. I personally also belong to that ‘niche’, to that ‘blue ocean’…..
Having a positive mindset sometimes means making drastic changes in the way you think and react quickly to situations in your life, especially during a crisis like this one. Here are 7 tips that have helped me personally during all of my life and again during this crisis:
1. You are responsible for everything in your life and that includes your behavior. When life deals you a terrible hand of cards and things look bleak, remember you are not a victim. In that regards, you shouldn’t act like one and look for others to blame. Telling yourself and others, that life is unfair, will only increase more of what you are getting at this point. Instead take responsibility and tell yourself that things happen and you will deal with it in a positive way and learn from the situation.
2. End your night and start your day with positive affirmations. You have lots of time to tell yourself that you are doing fine, that you ar ‘amazing’, cool and a real go-getter who lets nothing get them down. Do positive affirmations every time you visit your bathroom with a big mirror. Yes, the bathroom is a little sanctuary, and during a shower, you can sing your affirmations. Look in the mirror while you shave or put on makeup and say your affirmations with conviction.
3. You have to spend time with positive people online & offline. If you have a room-mate that is negative, you need a new room-mate or spend quality time at the library or meet-ups. Review and revisit your circle of personal friends and social media contacts and people in your business ecosystem on a frequent basis, especially now during this crisis. Always look for ways to add more positive people into your life online and offline as it will be a great asset to your positive mindset.
Also read: Making Money In The Online Gig Economy & Saving Money In The Online Gig Economy
4. Build a positive material library, either with physical books or eBooks. Ebooks are great in that you can read them on a device or in the Cloud and your library of positive material is just a click away. Put away that music in your car or devices and listen to motivational and self-development material in podcasts for instance When you are commuting or exercising, it is the perfect time to exercise your brain and have it grow with potential.
5. Write your S.M.A.R.T goals today and then take action immediately. When you have goals that are clear with a timeline for reaching, your brain sees a target and will aim for the bullseye. Goals will give you clarity and focus for what you are going to achieve in your life and following them will make you feel positively successful. I use planners and jorunals to do that every day. Including for book marketing and content marketing in general.
6. Being kind and considerate to others costs absolutely nothing. In fact, it is a major bargain because when you give of yourself and praise others, you raise your level of positivity. Seeing a wide smile on a person’s face, even a total stranger, will give you a boost of the “happy juice.’, espcially if you give something without wanting something back in return. Start looking today for any chance you have to be a smile maker online & offline.
7. You want to be kind to others and it may seem a like an effort if you aren’t taking care of yourself physically and mentally. Put good food and lots of water into your body and then exercise it like crazy inside and outside your home like we do with my wife during long walks in the weekend like on the picture above this blog. Put those positive thoughts into your head and drive any depression, anger or lack of motivation out of your brain. When you are taking full care of yourself, it will be extremely beneficial for your mindset and for the people around you.
Well that was it for today, I hope that helps?
If you have any question or request, please do not hesitate to call me on Skype on tony.de.bree or email me here.
Tony de Bree
Let’s connect on LinkedIn and follow me on Twitter here.