You can only do one thing at the time in your life. And that goes for your private life and also in your professional life. One of the topics that often comes up during this Corona-crisis when I help individual entrepreneurs online is how I spend my time and how I choose what to do and where to go.
Last year, I received a nice email from one of the attendees of a traditional break-out session at the Venture Cafe and he wrote something like:
‘I hesitated a long time to choose which masterclass to go to, but I am happy that I picked yours, Tony’.
What is a ‘masterclass’?
Before we can answer the question, we first have to define what a masterclass is (Wikipedia):
‘A master class is a class given to students of a particular discipline by an expert of that discipline—…’
Ok. Well that is clear. It is ‘a class’ , in a ‘particular discipline’, facilitated by ‘an expert of that discipline’. That already gives us some idea…
During Corona, many companies now want you to attend free online masterclasses/webinars.
How to choose the right online masterclass/webinar?
Well, with that definition in mind, here is my personal checklist I developed for myself as part of ‘The Empty Agenda’ approach I use on how to choose the right online/offline masterclass or webinar:
- What exactly do I learn in this online masterclass/webinar (what are the ‘learning objectives?’)?
- Do I need to know or learn how to do this now given the current crisis?
- Can I learn this also in a more efficient or effective way?
- Is the person giving the masterclass/the webinar a real, proven expert in the field?
- Do I know, trust & like the person concerned?
- Is this the most relevant learning activity for me?
- Is there something more relevant that I can spend my time on?
Is this something usefull for you? Or do you have other criteria?
Want more practical ‘Corona Survival Hacks’?
On this new site, you will get practical help on how you as a company can survive this crisis by cutting unnecessary costs fast and by tapping into no revenue models including online revenuestreams with paying customers at the same time: making a difference for your custsomers online and offline.
Bookmark these blogs.
Contact me today.
If you have any question or request, please do not hesitate to call me on Skype on tony.de.bree or email me here.
Tony de Bree