Updated: September 29, 2023
Hi, how are you today?
normally making a career change is already difficult. But that is even more the case during this crisis. Because it means investing your scarce time, money and energy. Often it means ‘pivoting your life’ , personally and professionally.
It’s upto you, but what you now really have to focus on during this crisis is: what is the right career change for you personally.
What is the right career change for you NOW personally?
Before you make a career change now, here are steps you should take to increase your personal chances of success:
- Decide if you need a career change, why & how fast.
- Look at your financial situation.
- Look at your core competences (according to others).
- Set your personal & financial goals.
- Talk with your partner & family.
- Make a list of alternatives that match with your personal profile.
- Contact people in your network that you can trust and that made career changes that you are considering.
I left my high-paid job at the end of 2011.
I personally decided to start my plan-b during my career at the ABN Amro Bank already in 2001 starting my online business venture. And at the end of 2011 I decided (see here), to completely ‘pivot my life’ to become an independent business owner. Working from home and making money online and offline. And I have never regretted that. However, times have changed. Everybody now wants to become an entrepreneur.
Anyway, you really have to make sure you take the right decision with the help from the right people. People you can trust.
If I can help in any way, please do not hesitate to call me on Skype on tony.de.bree or email me here.
Tony de Bree